twitter

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Please help letter from Tommy Silverstein

I transcribed Tom's letter verbatim, he is having a great deal of opposition getting his writing out of the ADX  prison. Officials' names and addresses at end of post then read next post, his letter was too long and blogger cut me off.
Dear Friends & Supporters,
  Ever since Mr. Pete Earley wrote The Hot House; exposing my dire situation to the world; literally! I've received kind & caring mail from around the planet!
  It still amazes me that little book pops up & who & where I hear from.
  One of the first things people ask, after wanting to know if my conditions changed any since then (very little); is if I have ever thought of writing a book.
   After 3 decades I decided to give it a shot. I didn't before because I didn't believe I had the skill, especially compared to the greats like Pete Early. I'm not even in his league. But he was kind enough to agree helping me if I'd muster up the courage.
  Plus, I wasn't sure how much I could write about Solitary confinement. I get up at 5 am, shit, eat and sleep The End.
  However, a few things happened that fired me up & continues to add fuel to the flame burning within me!
  Now I'm compelled to reveal America's top secret prisons dirty laundry in ways never before & promise u, I won't be deterred, no matter what they put before me.
  I've been putting pen to paper ever since & discovered I have plenty to reveal. However, even though policy says I'm allowed to write a manuscript & publish it, ADX censors rejected my first 17 pages from getting out for BS "security" concerns Please see  Exhibit-A attached
Exhibit-A
  Its the "content" that they fear being exposed. This first book of its kind & about ADX. I've been facing repercussions ever since I tried to post the 17 pages.
  I'm gathering documentation, which Renee & I will continue to post as I maneuver through the land-mines surrounding me, to keep u all updated.
  This alone reveals what a sham their so-called "grievance" process is & what I'm up against & have been foe decade! Which is exactly what they do not want exposed.
  I've continued to write; more determined than ever, to let the public in on the Bureau of Prisons top secret house-of-horrors, that they prohibit public access.
  Once its revealed, yo'll understand why they do NOT allow any sunshine into this government's hell hole on earth.
  If you believe you have constitutional Right to know whats being consealed ffrom you as an American & world citizen & I have the Right according to Pell V. Procunier, 417 US 817, 822 94 set 2800, 2804 (1974), , but any restrictions must have a "valid, rational connection to legitimate penological interests; not related to the content of ideas", as ruled in Turner v. Safely, 482 US 78, 107 SCt 2245(1987) to expose it. Please help us penetrate ADX's wall of silence by sending your concerns to B.O.P. officials listed below:
Warden: Charles Daniels
       U.S.P. Florence Admin
      P.O. Box 8500
Florence, CO 81226
Phone (719) 784-9464

Regional director Sara Revell
            400 State Avenue Suite # 800
            Kansas City, KS. 66101

Bureau of Prisons Director:  Thomas R. Kane PhD.
                        320 First St. NW
Washington, D.C. 20534

Tom's letter was too long please see next blog post for his final word on freedom of speech for prisoners



No comments: